||Bjørn Skogstad Aamo (Norway)FATF President 2012-2013
Mr. Bjørn Skogstad Aamo of Norway, was President of the FATF from July 2012 to June 2013. He succeeded Giancarlo Del Bufalo of Italy.
Before assuming the position of President of the FATF, Mr. Aamo was Special Advisor in the Ministry of Finance, Norway. Mr. Aamo was Director General of the FSA of Norway (Finanstilsynet) from 1993 to 2011. In this capacity he was active in European and global supervisory organizations on banking and insurance supervision.
He was state secretary and Head of staff at the Prime Minister Office 1990 to 1993 and State secretary in the Ministry of Finance 1973 to 1979 and from 1986 to 1989. He has also held positions as Director of The Economic Affairs department of EFTA in Geneva and for The Regional Development Fund of Norway.
Mr. Aamo has a master degree in Economics from Oslo University 1970 and is a part time Professor of Economics and monetary policies, at the University of Agder, Kristiansand. He was born 1946.
- EAG Plenary, Address by FATF President Bjørn Aamo, Minsk, 23 May 2013
- Effectiveness has moved to the top of the FATF Agenda, at the EU Conference "Fighting money laundering and terrorist financing - New framework, future challenges", Brussels, 15 March 2013
- GAFISUD contributions to the global AML/CFT network and programmes and priorities of the FATF during the Norwegian presidency, at the 26th Plenary meeting of the Grupo de Acción Financiera de Sudamérica (GAFISUD), 13 December 2012
- Development of the Global Network and other key elements of FATF work under the Norwegian Presidency, at the 40th Plenary Meeting of the Committee of Experts on the Evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering Measures and the Financing of Terrorism (MONEYVAL), Strasbourg, 3 December 2012
- Opening remarks and The importance of the global network in suppressing the financing of terrorism at the Special meeting of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee with Member States and relevant international and regional organizations on preventing and suppressing terrorist financing, New York, 20 November 2012
- Speech at the CFATF Plenary Meeting, Tortola, British Virgin Islands, 14 November 2012
- FATF's focus on financial inclusion: protecting the integrity of the global financial system, Basel, 29 October 2012
- Implementation of the FATF Recommendations by ESAAMLG Countries, Maputo, 31 August 2012